Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hello

Created this page because I love live recordings and want to get better at making them. I have a simple 4 channel Zoom recorder and source from the mixing board and the stereo pair of mics on the recorder itself. For time and data space I'm just uploading 320KBPS mp3's. If you really want WAV or something similar, let me know. I'll do my best- still learning about all of this stuff as I go.

 Work in progress. Hoping to post every gig I do here immedietly after they are done. Links available via wetranser. It's easy and quick to use. I think the only drawback is that they expire after a week or so. Sorry if it's not the best method of uploading the files. Happy to get any feedback or tips on recording the sets ryleywalker@gmail.com

Also- gonna start take my recorder to all the gigs I hit up. Would love to post sets from all the bands I get to see! Thanks for checking this out


5 comments:

  1. Hi Ryley,

    Love that you are doing this.

    Are you aware of Live Music Archive (LMA) which, as I understand it, could solve your issues around space and how long stuff is available for. I've long been a fan of LMA, given its stellar live collections, particularly for me Grateful Dead and Little Feat.

    https://archive.org/details/etree

    Hope this helps,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen,

    I think that is a great suggestion. Especially now that it appears the shows are no longer available for download, and just stream . . . I was excited when the first show was doanloadable.

    The Archive seems like a great solution, and could reach a wider fan-base.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like a great idea. I'll look into this more and start splitting the tracks individually!

      Delete
  3. CDwav software is a tracksplitter, works great and is free http://www.milosoftware.com/en/index.php?body=cdwave.php . Plus I second the LMA for uploading and archiving. Their new format is terrible, but still a great spot for archiving music in lossless and lossy formats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great move Ryley, glad I found this, keep playing, taping and posting mahn. Excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete